Friday, October 2, 2009

The Requirements for a Husband

We are starting early with our children in drilling it into their heads what kind of husband they MUST marry. We've trained them well. If you ask Ellice what kind of husband she is going to marry, she will tell you that he has to love Jesus and Daddy has to like him. Yes, we have to give partial credit to Mark Driscoll for this. However, I think Ellice is a little confused. She went to a movie a couple months ago and came home and was telling me about it. She told me how the girl on the movie got married to this boy. "Yeah," she said, "he loved Jesus, and her Daddy liked him." I guess in her mind, everybody who gets married has met these requirements. Well, last month when I was in the hospital, Susan Batcheler was watching my girls with her son Michael who is in Jr. High. Apparently, Ellice really liked Michael. After they left, Ellice said to Brian, "Daddy, I'm going to marry Michael." "Oh really," he said. "Yeah, he loves Jesus, and you like him."

1 comment:

Brian andTomina said...

Susan Batcheller -
Here is another story for your blog... On Joel's birth day, I watched Annyah and Ellice. I met San San at your house and San San, your two girls and I loaded their bicycles and related equipment into my car. We drove to Orting where we were to meet John and Peggy Reich, Jim, and Michael. On the way there we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast and ... Read Morethen I drove to Orting Park. Both girls were playing on the playground equipment, when suddenly, Annyah who was perched at the top of the slide, looked down at me and said, "Hey, I know you..." LOL.