Friday, February 29, 2008

New Blog


Well, this is my first attempt at a blog. The girls are down for their nap and I needed to kill some time on the computer. Annyah is going to be two in 3 weeks on March 21st and Ellice is going to be four on April 10th. I am loving being a mom, but it has it's challenges. Brian gets on my case quite often for yelling at Ellice. She is sooo energetic, but she knows how to push my buttons. I definitely have my dad's temper. I am daily working on controling my anger, yet being consistent with her and Annyah. Annyah my perfect baby is pretty much gone and in her place is the terrible two Monster. I can tell that she is going to have so much more attitude than Ellice ever had. She is my sensitive one. If she's in a certain mood, all I have to do is look at her wrong and she'll start crying. Her favorite word is "no" of course and she will use it in any and every situation. She loves to color or as she calls it "cawor." If she sees a pen, pencil, crayon or marker anywhere she insists on being able to color with it. She wants to do everything that big sister does. She doesn't put up with any bullying from Ellice. She is very feisty, which is a good thing because Ellice would totally take advantage of her if she was a pushover.

Ellice is so full of life. She is loving her gymnastics class at the YMCA. She was also enrolled in the swimming class last month but I was unable to get her in this month. She is so athletic, just like her Daddy. A couple weeks ago at AWANA the teacher told the story of Jesus saying "let the little children come to me." The teacher was having the kids act it out and she was telling me how into it Ellice was getting. Ellice either wanted to be Jesus. And she'd totally get into the part and say, let the little children come to me. Or she wanted to be one of the disciples and say, "no, go away. Jesus is too important for you." She refused to play the part of one of the children. Later that night, the teacher asked the children to each share how they know that Jesus loves them. Most of the kids were giving answers like, "I know Jesus loves me because he gave me my parents." So when it was Ellice's turn she said, "I know Jesus loves me because he gave me my parents to discipline me because the love me ALOT!" I cracked up when her teacher told me this. I've had conversations with Ellice before about how we have to discipline her sometimes because we love her soo much. I guess she remembered.

No comments: